The mission of the Wisconsin Choral Directors Association (WCDA) is to foster musical excellence within an inclusive singing community through education, collaboration, and inspiration.
The purposes of WCDA recognize and include the purposes of the American Choral Directors Association.
- To foster and promote choral singing which will provide artistic, cultural, and spiritual experiences for the participants.
- To foster and promote the finest types of choral music to make these experiences possible.
- To foster and encourage rehearsal procedures conducive to attaining the highest possible level of musicianship and artistic performance.
- To foster and promote the organization and development of choral groups of all types in schools and colleges.
- To foster and promote the organization of choral music in a sacred context.
- To foster and promote the organization and development of choirs in Wisconsin cities and communities.
- To foster and promote understanding of choral music as an important medium of contemporary artistic expression.
- To foster and promote significant research in the field of choral music.
- To foster and encourage choral composition of superior quality.
- To cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development of musical culture at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- To foster and promote international exchange programs involving performing groups, conductors, and composers.
- To disseminate professional news and information about choral music.
- To foster and promote choral music as a vital part of a well-rounded education for all learners in our schools.
- To foster and promote a meaningful engagement with music from all cultures.